The annual Christmas Parade will be held this Saturday, December 5th from 5:30 til 8:00 in downtown Saline, Michigan
The theme this year is “The Spirit of Christmas Future.”
This is one of my favorite events, the whole town shows up and just about every child you know is participating through their Boy or Girl Scout Troops, Dance Alliance, The Saline Marching Band, floats from many of the local churches and day care centers.
The Kiwanas Club is always on hand giving out FREE hot chocolate and popcorn.
The Saline Parade is the kick off for all the other Christmas activities in Saline during the coming weeks.
- Santa’s Mailbox, which is offered in front of Mac’s Arcadian Seafood restaurant in downtown Saline. The mailbox will be open through Dec. 17 and is sponsored by the Saline Chamber of Commerce.
- A tree lighting ceremony will be held 7 p.m. Dec. 4 at the corner of Michigan Avenue and North Ann Arbor Street in front of KeyBank. The “official” Saline Christmas tree will be lit up. Cookies and hot chocolate will be served.
- Saline Cooperative Preschool is hosting Stories with Santa from 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. and 7:15 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 11 at 6299 Ann Arbor-Saline Road. There will be crafts, hot chocolate, cookies and a bake sale. The cost for a child is $6 and there is a $3 fee for a picture of your child with Santa mailed to your home with a note from Santa. To purchase tickets in advance, call 429-0685.
- The Saline Area Players will put on “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” 7 p.m. Dec. 4, 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Dec. 5, and 1 p.m. Dec. 6 at 117 S. Ann Arbor St.
- The Saline Craft Show will be held from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Dec. 4 at the Saline Middle School.
- The Foundation for Saline Area Schools will host a Christmas in the Barn from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 5 at 290 Bemis Road in Saline.
- Saline’s Holiday Parade and Santa’s Village will be held from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Dec. 5 along Michigan Avenue.
- The Saline Recreation Center will host an open house from noon to 6 p.m. Dec. 6.
- The Saline Recreation Center will host a Holiday Movie Night from 5:30 to 7 p.m. and 7:30 to 9 p.m. Dec. 10. The center will also hold Pj’s and Stories with Santa from 6 to 8 p.m. Dec. 10.
- Varsity Blues will hold “On with the Snow” from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Dec. 11 and Dec. 12 at Saline Middle School.
- The Saline Area Historical Society will hold its Christmas to Rentschler Farm from noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 12 and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 13.
- The Saline Chamber of Commerce will hold Treasure Trail to Santa from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Busch’s Shopping Center Dec. 12.
Lots of things to do in Saline, Michigan the next few weeks.