Going away on vacation in Washtenaw County?
If you are taking a vacation in Washtenaw County you have two options to make sure your home is safe and looked after. The first one is the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Department. The Sherriff’s department patrol jurisdiction will be happy to patrol your home IF you fill out a form on e-Washtenaw.
Did you know that our Sheriff’s Department did this? Most folks don’t.
The second option is a business in Washtenaw County called Washtenaw Home Watch.
Washtenaw home watch is very affordable with their rates being:
Once a week visit (price per visit)
Home over 2,500 sf: $40
Biweekly visit (price per visit)
Home over 2,500 sf: $50
Monthly Visit (price per visit)
Home over 2,500 sf: $55
Arrival Package (per arrival)
Departure Package (per departure)
Basic Package Includes
- Heat/AC checked for proper settings and operations
- Check refrigerator & freezer for proper operation.
- Run dishwasher and garbage disposal for proper operation, and to prevent gaskets from drying out
- Faucets will be turned on and water run through sinks, tubs, showers.
- Flush toilets to prevent dried gaskets and water rings.
- Doors and windows will be checked to make sure they are closed, locked and no forced entry or vandalism has occurred.
- Check for mold, mildew, and signs of interior water leaks.
- Inspect electrical panel for tripped circuit breakers and reset.
- Check and reset appliance timers after power interruption.
- Check smoke detectors for proper operation.
- Inspect ceilings, doors, and windows for leaks.
- Remove all unwanted flyers and newspapers.
- We will start/run your car upon request.
- Visual check for pests, rodents, and insects.
- Visual inspection of exterior of home and grounds.
- Check exterior lighting.
- Email pictures of damage and required repairs and maintenance.
- Notification of each inspection results after each visit.